Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bus riders

I rode the bus today to go to the club while my wife was at work and it went okay. I ride for about 45 minutes total with one bus transfer and then workout for about an hour. While I'm on the bus, I can get a lot of reading done for my Masters in Education classes. I like it, even though the bus takes about twice as long. It also saves money, too. It would be about a 12 mile drive, and if you take the low estimate of $.35 per mile cost of operating a vehicle, then it would cost me about $8.40 each time I want to drive there. Currently, I can use the bus pass that I am able to purchase at the University I am attending, which costs only $60 and lasts for 5 months. My wife doesn't get the same opportunity, but she could ride for only $3 each time. So, basically, we're saving money in the long run. The only downfall is I still have to listen to the punk kids who ride the bus and can't keep their four letter words to themselves. Overall, I love the bus! I wish more people would ride so that it would be easier and cheaper to get places. I think a lot of people would be surprised at how easy it is for them to ride the bus. I'll try to stick with my bike and the bus for as long as I can. Let me know what your thoughts are about alternative transportation.

No comments: