Saturday, June 14, 2008

Professional Sports

I'm tired of the all the garbage in professional sports. The multi-million dollar deals, the players who act like spoiled brats, the doping. If you're like me, you want to give up on the whole thing. It's not that easy. I've tried. I enjoy watching athletes who are at the top of their game. I get sucked in every time because I just want to believe that no one is cheating. They're all good people right? Tired of hearing high priced athletes talk like spoiled children fighting with each other? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? Actually, nothing is wrong with them. They are motivated by one thing: . That's right, I don't even need to say it because we all know what it is. So, until we shut off the supply, nothing is going to change. Stop watching, stop reading, stop buying. I'm tired of wasting my time watching it only to be disappointed every time when the next scandal breaks. If you think your sport isn't free from problems, think again. Hockey, Baseball, Football, NBA, Cycling, Golf, NASCAR, IRL, all the big ones have problems. Now, I have to admit that doping is a little more annoying than other forms of cheating. However, they all stink. NO ONE PLAYS BY THE RULES ANYMORE! At least not the winners. I think I'll just have fun playing instead of sitting on my couch and watching. Now, you might catch me watching some highlights here and there, or playing in a fantasy league. You might wonder how I can rationalize this. I can't. Like you, I have been sucked in. However, here are the sports that I refuse to watch until they clean up their problems: Cycling, NBA, NFL, NASCAR, IRL. The two biggest ones in my book are Cycling and the NBA. The NFL follows a close second, and MLB probably still has problems, but at least they're trying to deal with them. If you're still reading this crazy rant and don't believe me, read this article. It explains how it pays more for the athletes to cheat than it does to stay clean.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=the-doping-dilemma

1 comment:

Mr. E. said...

what's wrong with the NBA you complainer? Want to go on a bike ride tomorrow?